home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Monday, May 24, 2010

Shopping in Sarasota

My sweet little girl and I went on a road trip this weekend to visit my mom in Sarasota.  I love, love, love to shop when we visit!  Sarasota has a great fabric store, lots of thrift and consignment store and the best Goodwill!  This particular visit we headed to a silk floral store that I have been dying to visit.  My mom always has the best floral arrangements and I wanted to see this place.  Girls I found silk floral Mecca!

Lux Art Silks International is a "designers resource for unmatched style, realism, and elegance in permanent botanical's."  Their headquarters and warehouse is located in Sarasota, but they also found in High Point, NC and Dallas in the World Trade Center.  The show room was a little overwhelming and I found it funny when Mom said that is was a little empty today!  Lux Art has a huge sale every July and the deals are unreal.  Mom never misses!  The showroom becomes a winter wonderland in September!  Cheryl Gilbert the showroom manager said there will be over 24 trees fully decked out with a different theme for every taste.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven in the showroom, but then came the warehouse!  Isle after isle of ribbons, sparkles, Christmas ornaments, leaves, flowers, containers, topiaries and more!  There were stems of every imaginable flower, leaves, moss, bulbs, fruit, and vegetables.

Warning: Picture's will be blurry.  I had to use my camera phone!

Moss and floral balls hanging from the ceiling!
I will be doing this on my back porch!












This cute guy was in the warehouse


Large Spiral topiary




I hope you were able to get an idea of how pretty Lux Art's arrangements are. 
If you are ever in the area plan to stop by, you will not be disappointed. 
I will be back in July and September for more floral heaven (and this time I will pack my camera)!

Lacy

1 comment:

All That Glitters said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I don't think High Point is too far from me. Is that near Hickory? I would love to go too!