home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm seeing stripes!

And lots of them!  I decided to paint horizontal stripes in my tiny hallway.... 
WHAT WAS I THINKING???
I have spent all day fiddling with a laser level, then yard stick and level, putting up tape, taking down tape, scratching my head and painting stripes.  Again, what was I thinking?

Here is what I was thinking:

Picture courtesy of Autumn @ Design Dump
(Go visit her, she is amazing!)
Oh yeah, I want that mirror!  And the crown is awesome!!

I picked up some mis-tinted paint at Lowe's for $5.  The color appeared to be a muted grayish putty color.  I loved it and thought it would look great against my wheat colored walls (Valspar Angel).
Once I put the color on the wall it looked lavender with a hint of grey??  OOH NOO!
I just spent all day taping my walls and this color is awful!
Well my gut told me to take the plunge and go for it.  So I did.. No guts no glory, right?

After looks of horror from my husband, I started to doubt my gut.  So I asked him, "What do you think?"  The ever sweet and smart man that I married replied, "I will hold all judgement until all the tape is down and you are finished."  Let me just say that this is no the first crazy idea I have had.  I have painted a kitchen purple, dining room lime green, small bath barn red and so on....  He ended up loving (or saying he did) each room.  Hopefully this will turn out the same way.

Here is what it looked like prior to tape


And tonight after tape and paint



My camera does not take the best pics (my dslr is being repaired right now)...
But the last picture is the closest to the true colors.

The hallway gets a lot of natural light during the day, so the morning will show the best of the color.  Once I decide that I like the color I will take the tape down.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thanks to all my sweet followers that I consider my friends for all the sweet comments.
You have no idea how much it makes my day!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

KimMalk said...

I can't say for sure about the color, but I love the stripes. You did a great job!