home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Rustic Family Christmas & A Guest Post

Hey friends!  I am a guest blogger at Finding My Aloha today!  My friend Emily is in the process of moving to Alaska from Seattle!  Can you imagine??  I hope you will hop over and visit her blog and look around.  She is extremely talented and her ideas are guaranteed to blow you away!


I wanted to share with you another home I had the pleasure of working on this season.  When I first spoke with Donna she told me she had been married for 33 years and just didn't feel inspired to decorate this year.  A fresh take on her decor was what she wanted.  I was glad to help. 

Again the tree was already up.  It just needed to be taken up a notch.  The family room has a lots of fun hunting trophies that Donna wanted to give a little holiday cheer.  This was a lot of fun to do and I hope that the family was please with the outcome.

The moose makes me smile.
He would wear a different hat during each holiday!




We took a hat & scarf off of a little bear so that the squirrel could spread some cheer!  It looks like it was made for him!

These trees were my favorite. 
The Santa suit was a dog costume.

Lots of glass balls, pine cones, poinsettias, grapevine ribbon and red beaded garland make up this tree.

The dining table will hold lots of good food during an upcoming party!

The reason for the season!





Meet my friend Angel. 
 She kept me company during my visit!

This really was a lot of fun and this family was just as sweet as they come!  I hope you enjoyed this tour!

Hopefully I will be back tonight for a tablescape I have dreamed up!  I am just hoping I can fit it into my schedule!

7 comments:

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

So nice for me to see a fellow hunting family room!! My husband will be in trophy envy here!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Animal heads on the wall kind of freak me out, but that's because my uncle is a hunter had had 2 Bambi looking deer heads up on his wall when I was a child. However, his kids and I used to want him to stick a red nose on one every Christmas so he'd have Rudolf. For some reason, he didn't want to do that. However, from those pictures, I can see that would have been cute.

That room does look very festive and I bet she loves what you came up with.

That dachshund reminds me of one of my dachshunds. She looks deep in thought about something, but that's usually when they have the funniest expressions. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I love that big ol' moose head! Looks like she has some hunters in her family! Too cute!

Honey at 2805 said...

Another great room! I like that trophy over the fireplace.

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Love it! all the trophy animals would make my hubby drool. It all looks lovely I love the squirrel dressed up. too cute.

Unknown said...

The squirrel is my favorite but the whole room looks wonderful. Great job,
Traci

Lisa Montsion said...

I want a wiener dog just like that one.

lisa