home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Thursday, December 16, 2010

White Christmas

There are a few traditions that I love during the holidays.  One of my favorites is Christmas movies.  Miracle on 34th Street (the oldest one), The Grinch that Stole Christmas, Elf, and more are always fun to watch. 

But nothing beats 
Irving Berlin's White Christmas
with Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen.  I could hear those songs, replay those fabulous dances and stare into Bing's gorgeous blue eyes (yes, I have a crush!).  The costumes, sets and story line are fun, heart warming and leave me wishing I was born in that era.





Vera Ellen had the most amazing legs!



If you have not seen this movie, run out and rent it or try to find it on TV!
You will not regret it.  This is a musical at it's best.

I have seriously watched it 4 times this season
and have recorded it so that I can turn it on any time. 

"I fall asleep counting my blessings!"

6 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh Lacy, thank you for changing to pop-up so that I can comment. That was so sweet! Your blog is one of my favorites, and I hated not being able to tell you so. Once again, I love, love, love your tree! Merry Christmas

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

One of my absolute favorites too! The dancing was amazing. A truly entertaining movie and I haven't seen it yet year. But it's on the agenda for this weekend for sure!

Unknown said...

I have not seen it in years but I will be on the lookout for it now. Hopefully one of the cable channels will run it before Christmas.
My favorite is "A Christmas Story".
Traci

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Lacy! I love that movie, too! Nobody sings White Christmas like Bing! I am about an hour and a half away from Social Circle...worth every minute of the drive for the fried green tomatoes alone! Merry Christmas!...hugs...Debbie

Nita Stacy said...

This is my favorite too. I did a post about it the other day. I like "It's a Wonderful Life" too and "A Muppet Christmas Carol" and many others....but "White Christmas" is my most favorite.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

This is my daughter's favorite movie too. She has made us watch it so many times until we go around singing the tunes. They get stuck in your head don't they?
Merry Christmas!