home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valspar & Hibiscus

What does Valspar and a Hibiscus have in common? 
Pure entertainment and a bit of self satisfaction for me.

My special package with a free sample of paint and $5 coupon from Valspar arrived on my doorstep Saturday.  Woohoo (insert a little happy dance here)!!!! 
Have you gotten yours yet?  You still have a chance. 
 Visit Valspar to participate in the Power in Color Giveaway to get your very own. 

Here is what you get:
This is my new daily mantra!

How cute is that roller?

I was hoping this was the perfect color I have been searching for for the kids bathroom.
It wasn't.  But no fear.  I had another idea.

After browsing a few websites the other day I stumbled upon the 
Savannah artist Bellamy Murphy. 
Jane Coslick Cottage Collection also sells her work on her website.
I loved her work and could not get enough of her brilliant colors
 and whimsical take on coastal life. 
Bellamy's works are large canvas paintings. 
 The size of the art and the price point do not fit in with my small home and budget.

The more I looked at her paintings the more I thought, hey, I can do this! 
 I had a 8x10 canvas and grabbed my new paint sample and some other
 paint I had lying around and got creative. 



It did not fit in the space I was hoping for, but my sweet Mom asked if she could have it.
(After she laughed at me for painting a Hibiscus)

So off it goes to Sarasota and off I go to paint a blue crab!
Now, you go and register for your free sample of paint!
Thanks Valspar!

Lacy



6 comments:

Theresa said...

I think it is just beautiful Lacy! I had no idea you were so artistic!

Theresa

Kristy said...

I just found your blog through a link party! I love it!! What you did with your sons toolbox was amazing!!

Olive said...

It is gorgeous!

Gail said...

Lacy, you did a great job! I couldn't have done that.

Have a wonderful evening,
Gail

A Hint of Home said...

I love the painting, your daughters room and the tool box project!
I've enjoyed looking through your blog.

Sarah, Three Boys said...

OH my goodness that looks amazing, you are so talented!!
s