home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Monday, May 16, 2011

Spray Paint & Green Apples


Sometimes you find quality accessories at Goodwill.  Sometimes you question whether or not a piece is worth the time you may have to put in it. 
This is a story of one of those times.   

 I found this large planter that was filled with floral foam covered in moss.  The moss was sticky feeling and all of it was attached heavily with hot glue.  But the size and shape was perfect.  I wanted a basket weave dish to put on my coffee table.  I have been looking and had just about broke down and purchase a bread bowl from Williams Sonoma that I had been wanting.  I knew that I wanted green apples to place in this bowl. 

Accessories on my coffee table get thrown to the ground by my sweet fat cat. Fifi thinks she owns the joint and my decorating gets in the way of her lounging.  The size of this container was perfect. 




After numerous coats of white spray paint it now looks like this:




I purchased the faux green apples from Tuesday Morning in the clearance section. 
There is still plenty of room for Fifi to relax. 
My kids keep wanting to play with the apples.  They look real. 

I paid $4 for the planter and $12 for the apples. 
 I had the spray paint on hand from another project. 
 $16 really brightens the room.

Lacy



I am linking up to:

7 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

I am so with you...sometimes Club GW stuff is a tough call, to buy or not to buy, that is the question! You scored big time here! And I would love to have that apple display in my house ~ they do look so real!

xoxo
Kathleen

Miss Kitty said...

This look is so fresh and cheerful! You did a great job transforming the basket. I think your apples look VERY real...I thought that they were until you let us in on your secret. Thanks for sharing your new addition to your coffee table.

All That Glitters said...

Those are pretty!!! I might have to be a copy cat!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Nice pop of color! I have faux apples in my apothecary jar too. Just love how real they look.

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful Lacy. I love the green apples with the "new" white basket.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the size and shape and the white just makes it. The apples are fabulous, great display. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Rhonda said...

I am running to Tuesday Morning cuz I have been looking for faux green apples that actually look real. Yours do! I hope my TM has them....I actually have about 6 TM stores within a 30 mile radius....road trip!
Looks great! Thanks for the great tip!